Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten on Tues.

1. Bubby is 10 months old :)

2. Bubby took his first trip to the library Monday. We borrowed 4 books that Bubby can't rip and two Signing Time dvds. The dvds are good but too old for Bubby. Hopefully they will have the Baby Signing dvds next time :)

3. Joseph and I will be seeding our back backyard soon. So Bubby will have something to play on in the near future and mommy won't be paranoid.

4. Bubby is no longer shut up in his playzone any more. His door is left open. He's not underfoot all the time now :) But he still needs mommy near.

5. We started putting plugs in the electric sockets and "locks" on the cabinets. We still have many more cabinets to "lock" up though. One cabinet will remain unlocked for Bubby to play in :)

6. I finished editing the photos Joseph took of the couple to be married in April. I had sooooooooooooooo much fun with it :) I have to use self control not to do that all day long! Of course, Bubby would really let me do that.

7. Bubby ate lasagna for the first time the other day. He loves it :)


8. My dad is now on Facebook. I love it. I feel connected to him all the time now :) We even Skyped today. YEAH!!! I can't wait until Bubby starts talking and can talk to his grandpa.


9. I recently mentioned that I am giving up sweet deserts for Lent. The first week was cake. Then last Saturday hit. My husband came home with two boxes of Girl Scout cookies. He rarely ever buys deserts much less Girl Scout cookies. He's been keeping them out in plain view and eating them in front of me, but I'm doing ok. Then today I went to meet a friend at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I always order a carrot cake cheesecake. Obviously today I would not be. Wrong! My husband "asks me to bring one home for him. "Seriously?!" was all I could say to him :) But I brought it home. He ate it quickly. I didn't even see it after his first bite.

10. As I was nursing Bubby today I began thinking about the many seasons in my life. The first season began at conception, even though I don't remember the first couple years :) That season ended where the new one began on my brother's and my first trip back to VT when we found out my dad was getting married. The third season began when I graduated high school and lasted five years all the way through college. Crazy times. College graduation began my fourth season. I was responsible for everything even during the summers. Then I got married. Wow, was that a change! It started out rough, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything. My husband loves me. I am blessed. The sixth season started with conception of our beautiful, amazing little Bubby. This year has by far been the toughest but with the most rewards. I've had six seasons in my life thus far. How many have you had? What did you learn in each of them?

No comments: