Friday, March 19, 2010

Philosophical Thoughts

Easter is around the corner. I grew up knowing why we celebrate Easter, the resurrection of Jesus. I also grew up with Easter egg hunts and Easter baskets but knowing there is no such thing as the Easter Bunny. Every year my family gets together the day before Easter and we have a picnic which includes an Easter egg hunt. I never even thought there might be a problem with it until last Sunday when the paster talked about celebrating the true story of Easter without using the pagan symbols of bunnies and eggs.

I've always looked forward to hiding an Easter basket for my kids and having them search for eggs. I don't see what's wrong with all of that. Am I missing something?



1 comment:

Carrie said...

I don't know. That's sort of like saying you shouldn't have a Christmas tree up in December either because it's a pagan symbol. I say hide your eggs and have fun. Kids know how to seperate this stuff later.
:)