Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ten on Tues.

1. Bubby has been sleeping until 7am for the most part since just before he turned 9 mo. I've been waiting to publish this to make sure it's stuck :) He does wake up periodically throughout the night, but more often then not he puts himself back to sleep within a few minutes. There has been two times where I've had to get up. I change him, tell him I love him, say good night, lay him back down, and go back to bed myself. I don't give him any num nums and am with him for only a couple minutes. That seems to do the trick. I figure that I wouldn't want to be in a wet diaper either :) He is such a blessing.

2. I took Bubby to Urgent Care Saturday. He had an open sore on the end of his penis :( They gave me a prescription for two ointments which I have to apply to every area affected for two weeks. By the next day the sore was gone :) The doc. said cloth diapers are the best for babies. Turns out even though disposable diapers keep the pee away from the skin, they still trap the moisture in and that's what causes diaper rashes and such. I have been using disposable diapers once in a while. Now that once in a while will be even less frequent.

3. I'm doing good with no sweets, but it's been pretty easy so far. I think there was one thing I had to decline. I don't keep sweets in my house for the most part, so there's no temptation there. I'm putting my hand to cooking more :) That's another blessing. In any case, cutting out sweets hasn't really changed my eating habits. Again cutting out soda other than ginger ale when I'm feeling sick doesn't really change my eating/drinking habits. Now one glass of juice a day has REALLY changed my drinking habits. I think I might need to cut out microwave popcorn. :(

4. Bubby's been screaming. This screaming isn't due to anger. It's just to hear the sound. I've been trying to get him to stop but I think it's just a stage he has to go through :(

5. Bubby's been cranky during the afternoons. I've been racking my brain as to why. I think it might be due to his eating schedule. Today I adjusted it a bit. Instead of giving him a snack at 11am and his lunch at noon, I just gave him his lunch at 11am. He was WONDERFUL through his nap time. We'll see how I'll need to change his late afternoon/evening schedule.

6. Bubby's getting a bit more freedom around the house. He still plays in his play areas most of the time, but every once in a while he wants to venture out into the rest of the kitchen area. He opened some cabinets and found some bowls. I need to get some locks for most of my cabinets. I also need to decide which cabinet I'm going to let Bubby enjoy getting into :)

7. Joseph bought a Photoshop Elements 8 and a Dummies book for that program. This is to help edit pictures for his photography business. I'll probably be the one who edits the pictures :) I've read through chapter one of the first book thus far, but it's amazing how much good information I've already received :)

8. Joseph seems to be pretty excited about his new amateur photography business :) http://www.bestphoenixweddingphotographer.com/affordablephotographer.html

9. My muscles are so sore, muscles I didn't even know I had, from my neck down past my buttox. I think that's the main reason my back is not currently getting better :( I've managed so far to live with the pain. The pain is less than it was at its worst. Thank the Lord. One way I've managed it is to give up dancing, hiking, going on walks, and sitting most of the time. I'm still standing and believing that I'm healed :)

10. I remember many years ago wondering why some people chose to stay seated when the pastor asked everyone to stand. I didn't judge them, at least I don't think I did. I just wondered. In any case, I'm sure there are those at church who are doing the same to me.
I remember in high school there was a rumor that went around that I had slept with someone. I knew it didn't matter what I said. People were going to believe what they wanted. I decided if someone asked me about it I would tell them the truth otherwise I would remain silent on the issue. Well, I've pretty much held to that my whole life. If something's brought up, I talk about it. If not, I usually stay silent. So if you have any question for me, ask :) If you want the cold hard truth, I'll probably give it to you whether it's about me or you :) Blessings!

No comments: