Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Philosophical Thoughts

Another week... Another question...

FEAR... Why does God's word say to fear Him? The one who has all the power, the one who can save or damn, that's who we should fear. God is good. He gives us free will. He's a loving God allowing us to choose our final fate. What do we need to fear? The Devil tries to put fear in us. It is the worst thing that could happen to you aside from not accepting Jesus. Fear paralyzes.

I had postpartum depression about a year ago now. The depression was caused from fear of thinking I wasn't a good enough mother. Thankfully, I put my trust in God and it left as quickly as it came. The problem was that I was so paralyzed by this fear that it took everything in me and an entire week to place my fear in God's capable hands. That only took place because I new I couldn't take care of my son on my own; I needed God's help. He truly is amazing. Life would be miserable without Him.

Luke 12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Exodus 20:20
And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.

verses found on line at bible.cc

---Please respond to this whether you agree or not. I love it when I'm forced to think :) Blessings.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I think that 'fear' is meant as a reverance or awe of the Creator. God is good and as Christians, we don't need to fear God's wrath. There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Rom 8:1

But for the unrepentant sinner...they need to understand that they will stand before God someday and have to give an account for every word, action and thought. When we accept Christ, he forgives and seperates our sin from us as far as the east is from the west. But if you never take that step, there should be fear of God's judgment.

I didn't know you had postpartum depression. I'm glad it didn't last long. Isn't it great that when we surrender to God, he always comes through? Always.

Love you!