Tuesday, February 9, 2010

10 Tues.

1. My son is a really good eater, but when he's done with his food he shoves it off his tray. I'm trying to teach him to tell me when he's done by signing "done", but so far no luck. Right now I just try to take the tray away as soon as possible and tell him, "No, throw food." Any other ideas?

2. My son will eat anything, but he definitely prefers his veggies, breads, fruits, and dairy over meat. Maybe that's because we just introduced him to meat. Ok, check that. He likes his breads over everything!

3. Bubby is standing on his own and climbing all over the place.

4. Bubby one more tooth. Top front left... I think he might be cutting another one soon. He's been a little cranky today. But he's really not that bad when teething. Praise God!

5. My husband started a new game on Facebook, Country Life. It's similar to Farmville. He needed more neighbors and stuff, so he asked if I'd join. He promised I wouldn't have to do anything. Well, yesterday I helped him out with his and my Country Life. I like it. But I have the best end of the deal. I can go and do some stuff if I want and he makes all the decisions :)

6. A friend started a photography blog. A different type of pic each day. I'm really enjoying reading it and looking at the great pix :) http://beelergirls.blogspot.com/

7. I got the best complement ever yesterday. "hey Catina! I just wanted to send you a message and tell you that I truly think you are an amazing mom. It's not an easy job, and I don't think I have ever seen anyone do it so well, and so comfortably, especially the first time around. I admire your mom skills, and I love that you've been able to hang on to yourself and not get lost in the mommy role. Your little Joseph is an incredibly lucky little boy, and your future children will be just as lucky. Just thought you should know, because as a mom I know how good it feels to have someone recognize the job you're doing. (and for the record, ------ totally agrees. We were just discussing the other day how great you are at what you do!). hugs to you and the little one!" I don't think there's a better complement. I received it when I really needed it. I've been pretty down with not being able to do much physically. At least that doesn't hinder me from taking care of my little one :)

8. Some of my cousins and I started Karaoke with the girls in December. We get together once a month at Old Chicago in Phx. I have a cousin with an amazing voice! I don't know where she it from, not from my family :) I am having a blast with them and all those who join us. I NEVER would have thought I'd be going to Karaoke and much less enjoying it. I even sing but only with the rest of the group. No microphone for me. I'm not that brave.

9. I just started Ladies Night at my house again :) It won't be once a month since we have Karaoke too but it's still happening. We'll see who shows up Saturday.

10. My back is improving :) Yeah! It still have a long way to go, but it's getting there. I decided to take my son on a little walk today. He on his tricycle, me pushing him. We almost made it to the end of the block when I had to stop and rest my back. We came back with me doubled over the trike. The pain went away quickly though. It's a far cry from hiking a mountain with Bubby on my back, but it's way better than major pain walking 20 feet. God is good. I do believe with physical therapy my muscles will be able to hold my back in place.



My modest little boy :) No need to listen.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You are a great mom! And your a wonderful friend too! Thanks for all your text messages, you have no idea how they always come when I need encouragement! XOXO
I'm glad your son doesn't give you too much trouble with teething. Sookie's first few were rough, but then some popped through without me even knowing it. She was laughing the other day and I saw her first molars on the bottom!! Whoa! where did those come from? :)