Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gripe Water

I gave JT a bath at 6:30 PM then fed and burped him and gave him some Gripe Water. I laid him down about 7:00 PM. He began to cry right away. I knew I needed to let him cry for a bit, but it was hard. About 7:15 PM I realized there was a strange sound, one I didn't expect at that time. Silence. When they say silence is golden, they must have had a colicy baby : ) He woke up about 1 AM. I changed, fed, and burped him and put him right back to bed, no rocking or anything. He was out like a light. He woke again at 4 AM which surprised me. MYSTERY. His bed was wet and so were his clothes, but his diaper was dry and his face was no where near the HUGE wet spot. I have no idea how he got wet, but I would have been crying if I were him too. I changed his clothes, fed and burped him and wrapped him in some receiving blankets. I put him down expecting him to kick out of the receiving blankets like he always does. Nope. He went right back to bed on a dry part of the bed : ) He's still wrapped nicely in the receiving blankets and sleeping soundly. Wow! I need to go get him up. I definitely learned that GRIPE Water is the bible for colicy babies.

Pic to come. JT is awake and happy, not screaming... waiting patiently for num nums : )

No comments: