Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Alex's 16th

We got together last Saturday to celebrate Alex's life. It would have been her 16th birthday. Her mom and I both agreed that she would have been majorly boy crazy. I wonder how tall she would have been. She would no doubt have been beautiful with her long blond curly locs. Her personality would have been much the same it was when she was younger, making everyone near her feel special and accepted. I wonder what her teenage rebellion would be? One thing I do know is that she would completely love my son : ) I pray JT has a bit of Alex's innocent love and compassion.



At the picnic at Mount Lemon Alex's brother Nik was asking for a hotdog without ketchup. Nik and Alex do have a lot in common, but ketchup is not one of them. Alex would have had "chipets" on anything : )

It was my first time on Mt. Lemon. I now know why Alex liked it so much. Now she's enjoying the view from a little higher up : )

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your little man is getting SO big! I hope you are having the time of your life with him.
Love,
Chrissy

Unknown said...

Thank you for your words. This is beautiful and so true. She would have never wanted to put him down. As for her rebellion, she was just getting good at slamming her door...she probably would have kept up with that and playing her music much too loud. I loved spending time with you!

Betsy