Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Big Ultra Sound Appointment

We went to the doctor's for an ultra sound Monday. This is the first time Joseph got to see our baby. He was good. He held my hand the whole time. He even made me laugh, but that's not a good thing when having an ultra sound : ) The baby kept hiding his face. He did give us a thumbs up which showed us he is Joseph's child; the thumb went back a little further than most people's thumbs.

The doctor did notice that the cord only had two strands instead of three. He has an artery and a vein strand instead of two arteries and a vein strand. The doc said not to worry. He'll give the information to my ob/gyn and if there are any concerns they'll make another follow up appointment. They say it's not uncommon. A friend at work reminded me the other day that God is in control. I'll leave the worrying to the worriers. Thank the Lord I am not one of them, but I need to make sure I keep it that way. Worrying really isn't a help anyway : )

That night I sent out a text message to some friends and family. It read as follows:

It's official. It's a...
(after scrolling down a bit, they read)
baby : ) We haven't changed our minds. We're still waiting.

I was called a tease. Can you believe that?! : )

Oh. One more thing. According to my due date, I was 8 weeks 4 days. According to the size of my baby I was 9 weeks 2 days. That's not a big deal as long as the dates are within 10 days of each other in either direction. The baby was measured to be 9 oz.

No comments: