Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 on Tues.

1. I just went to see the spinal surgeon today. He said that I have a grade 1-2 spondylolytic spondylolisthesis L5-S1. Basically I have a broken back, kind of. The spine is broken which is why my vertebra can slip out of place pinching the nerve there. He said I have three options... a) live with the pain b) get cortizone shots, up to three a year (it may not help) c) get spinal surgery. Anything else I may do will be a waste of money according to the surgeon. Turns out 5% of white people have what I have. It's genetic. I was either born with it or got it during my growing years. I remember when I was in my early teens I had back problems. I would put pressure on my tailbone and pop it. That helped a lot. For years now I've had the pain down my leg. I just dealt with it until late. I can't do anything without being in pain. Just sitting or laying down can sometimes cause pain :( The spinal surgeon thinks carying my baby around has caused the pain to occur more often. Even though the he doesn't think physical therapy will help, I'm going to try it. I think my muscles will be able to be strong enough to hold my spine in place. Then I can start working out again :)

http://www.chirogeek.com/005_Spondylolisthesis_main_final.htm

2. Bubby started picking food up with his fingers and feeding himself. My baby's growing up.

3. Dad is coming out in a week's time :)

4. I'm starting physical therapy Friday. Well, at least I go in for my first meeting.

5. My body has gone to **** since I've been practically laying on my back all day long. I finally see the light as to when I can start working out again :)

6. Bubby has his first tooth and he is being so good not to bite mommy while he's nursing. That's my boy :)

7. We went to eat the other night. Bubby was so good, that is as long as he had some food.

8. Game Night was great fun! Some cousins from Minnesota were in town and joined us :)

9. Joseph finally let me take some pictures of him and Bubby.

10. I've been putting off putting Bubby in 9-12 mo. clothing for about a month now. I can't wait any longer. 6-9 mo. clothes are packed for the next baby.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your news! I am praying for a miraculous healing for you!

Catina said...

Thank you. I am believing for a miraculous healing.