Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Borrowing an Idea

1. Ok. After many months of reading Carrie's Ten on Tuesday blogs, I am going to start my own. She got the idea from another friend of ours. It is such a great idea. I hope they don't mind me using it : )

2. Bubby and I were blessed to have dinner with Scott, Regan, Landon, and Gary last night. It was a really nice time other than Bubby choking. Bubby eats like his mom. Sometimes we forget to chew. He has an even harder times since he has no teeth. He sucks in his food and swallows. Too much, too fast. Maybe I'll make him wait a little longer in between spoonfuls or biscuit bites.

3. Bubby is stuffed up. I was instructed to put a phone book under his crib matress, put a couple drops of saline in his nose and suck it out after 10 sec., and run the hot water in the shower with the door closed and us just sitting in the bathroom for 15 sec. FYI: The hot water doesn't last that long. At least his moco is clear.

4. Mom and Bob are coming over tomorrow to help out a bit and allow me to go to the dentist : )

5. Bubby has been sleeping for 12 hours : ) The past few nights he has woken up every couple hours due to his stuffiness. But he puts himself back to sleep within a couple minutes. 7pm - 7am

6. We had a great Game Night last Thursday. It was super nice to see everyone. We even got to see some of the family that recently moved back here from Minnesota : ) They were missed.

7. I've been making Bubby's baby food for the past month or more. He loves sweet potatos, yams, acorn squash, and butternut squash as veggies. He wasn't too fond of the carrots; however, he loved them from the jars : ( I still haven't figured out how to make beans and peas. His favorite food is bananas. He also loves pears and avacodos. He does enjoy eating his food frozen. Maybe it helps numb his gums. I'm thinking about making some popsicles of baby food. hmmm.....

8. I am so annoyed with Hollywood shoving gayness down our throuts. I just watched an episode of Trauma today. One of the characters was hateful toward gays. He then found out that his partner was gay. The partner gave some speech and now the other guy is 100% fine with gayness. I disagree with the hateful attitude toward individuals, but that doesn't mean we should say that what individuals do is ok. Sin is sin and acting on gay urges is sin.

9. I just found out Bob, my mom's husband, needs a defibrillator. So if his heart stops, the defibrillator will jump into action and start it up again.

10. We had to replace the glider on our bed again. (bed frame leg) This is the second time it broke. Both of those were plastic. My husband is buying a steel one. But right now, he has a jack holding up the bed with books ready just in case the jack goes kaplunk.

No comments: