Monday, July 1, 2024

Embrace the Want

A few days ago, my husband said something and left the room.  I immediately started bawling.  I mean, I was sobbing.  I couldn't figure out who I was.  I don't cry over hurt feelings.  He didn't even say anything bad; he just told me he was going to get a pizza for lunch.  I was so hurt, I actually thought about telling him I wasn't going to go to a wedding that afternoon.

About an hour later, I went into our room and decided to veg.  I didn't want to think of anything.  I watched a show I was able to get lost in.  After the first episode ended, I was fine.  I wasn't hurt.  I definitely wasn't crying.  Who was that girl?!  Then it hit me.  I was stressed.  I allowed too much stress in my life.  

On our way to the wedding, I told my husband about the incident and explained that it was due to stress.  So he told me to think of things that are stressing me out and take out the least important things.  I almost immediately respond, "I could get rid of the kids."  Obviously, that is NOT going to happen.  But most of what stresses me out has to do with them.  So what am I supposed to do?

I listed different things, but a lot of those things I "need" to do.  The things I could give up, I don't want to.  I find joy in them for the most part.  So he told me to embrace the "want."   Huh?!  The want?!  Yes, I want to do things that are adding to my stress, so embrace it.  Ok.  That actually makes sense.  Kind of 🤣

So here is to embracing "The Want."

No comments: