Monday, July 29, 2024

Electronics for Kids

My kids are playing on the computer and watching youtube and more.  I don't like it, but what can I do about it?  I don't think it's good, but what proof do I have?  When I do take electronics away for a time, life is so much nicer at home.  Can I just say, "No more electronics."?  Yes, I can.  

Here are a couple podcasts to give you a good footing to say just that.

for kids - https://www.durendawilson.com/podcast-1/episode/c33b63fa/healthy-screen-time-habits-for-kids-podcast-534

for teens - https://www.durendawilson.com/podcast-1/episode/bc897dcc/healthy-screen-time-habits-for-teens-podcast-535

I ended up listening to the one for kids while my children were in the car.  My teenage boy turns to me and tells me that he wants me to stop listening to this.  He proceeds to tell me that he will probably use this when he has children.  Score!!!  My son already understands.  I decided to listen to the teen one on our next drive.  Then at the beginning of school this year, I informed them that electronics were not be allowed during the school week except for school use.

Now what to do for the breaks.  I just need to have a back bone and not back down.


No comments: