Thursday, August 20, 2015

Best Cookies EVER!!!

I have three children.  My oldest will eat anything sweet except frosting.  My youngest is quite a bit pickier but will eat frosting.  My middle child is the pickiest when it comes to baked goods.  She is probably best compared to most children's desire to eat brussel sprouts or my dad's willingness to eat celery.  Then I have the rest of my extended family who aren't too fond of my gluten free baking.

Well, I have found the BEST cookie recipe ever!!!  Everyone likes them :)   I came across it while looking on Pinterest for gluten free desserts.  Averie Sunshine calls them The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies Ever.  I took that recipe and tweeked it a little bit to fit my needs.  See substitutions below:

almond butter instead of peanut butter
coconut sugar (not packed) instead of brown sugar
xylitol instead of sugar

I tried the recipe because I had almond butter that I needed to use up before it went bad.  Best choice ever :)  But BEWARE...  they are VERY addicting!  I made a few batches and put one in the freezer.  If I remember, I'll let you all know how they turned out too.

Blessings,

Catina              

No comments: