Sunday, July 25, 2010

10 on Thurs, no Sunday

1. Joseph Jr had a great time at swim lessons :) Next year, he'll be a little pro :) Now he loves all water time, bath time, kiddie pool time. He still hasn't mastered bubbles yet, but he keeps trying :)

2. My son's new favorite word... uh oh :)

3. We had/have ants! I hate those things. We usually get them in our kitchen once a year, but we've been blessed the last couple years. This time they entered through my hallway. The kitchen ones are pretty easy to get rid of but the hallway ones are a REAL pest. A couple nights ago, I used a Borax mixture. The next morning we had about 10% of the ants left. By last night there were just a few here and there. This morning I've found less than five. By the next day they were all gone just to return a couple days later in my son's room.

Joseph Jr woke up and I picked him up and laid him on a changing pad on a twin bed by his crib. I had just washed his diapers the night before and forgotten to get a diaper cover. So I left. After returning quickly, I noticed the ants all over his bed. I quickly picked him up and took him to my room where my husband was still sleeping. I frantically told my husband all about it. He just rolled over and went back to sleep. Oh, man! I finally got my son changed, and I went to assess the situation. The ants were all over his bed with a few on the floor searching for more to eat. I got the vacuum which I hadn't yet put away from the other ant issue and began to vacuum. To my horror my son walks in front of the vacuum and sits down! I freak out and move him to an area with no ants. Once I finished vacuuming, I made more Borax mixture and placed it in front of his bedroom door. I have no idea where the ants came from or where they went, but when we returned later that afternoon not one ant was seen. Later, I looked back on the situation and realized they had probably found some crumbs from a pretzel my son had been eating while being changed. No more of that.

4. My son is so cute. Here I am wearing shorts and sitting. My son comes over and kisses my knees :)

5. Joseph Jr played on his play set and swung in his swing attached out front for the first time today :) Loved them both. We weren't out too long. It's HOT out there!!! (July 14)

6. Some more words...


button = belly button
choes = shoes
boo = boom
ops = oops
uh oh = uh oh

nos = nose
Iya= eyes


I love my little man :)


7. My son hates cow's milk but enjoys almond milk. I tasted and have to agree that it is better :) But more expensive :( Good thing he likes water better :) Maybe I spoke too soon about the Almond Milk. Joseph Jr and I had some for lunch. I drank mine up quickly and had to hold back all temptation of drinking his. He kept saying, "Water." I said, "No, it's milk." I even showed him what it looked like. He still continued to say water, so I drank his milk and gave him water. He guzzled it :) At least his favorite drink is the best for him :) He did drink some almond milk yesterday. I just had to put it in a cup, not sippy cup.

8. Yesterday, my son was sitting on my lap and wanted more of my attention. So he swung his arm at me as he often does when he wants my attention or is upset. This time he had a cell phone in his hands. My nose still hurts! (July 21)

9. During Joseph Jr's nap today, he some how managed to lock himself in his room. I didn't realize that until he woke about an hour later. I quickly became frantic. We're at my Mom and Bob's and I don't know where any of the tools are in the garage. I call Gregor, but his phone is on the fritz and he can't hear a word I'm saying. Finally, after three or four attempts to talk to him, I call Brien. He thankfully could hear me and knew where the tools were. Within five seconds of trying to unlock the door, my son was freed :) Sigh of relief..... (July 21)

10. A message sent to my mom and Bob: Wow, do you ever have crickets! And it seems they like to come out at night. Well, first things first :) I walked in your house and a dead cricket is there to greet me. Later, I get Joseph Jr up from his nap and there on the bed is a dead moth. So far, no big deal :) Now Joseph's asleep in bed and the boys leave. It's just me from about 8:30 on. Well, I take that back, me and the crickets. I don't know how many I killed that night in the living room. If I had to guess, I'd say about six. I also got one or two in the bathroom. Here's the fun part. I pull back the covers to go to bed. Do you know what happened?! A cricket was wanting to share the bed with me. Well, I took care of that. That one will never try to impose upon a married woman again. What did he think he was doing?! I am very committed to my man.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great photos!! I hate ants too. Boy did we have a problem in Rhode Island! I haven't seen any in my new place in SD yet, but we do have a plethora of crumbs! Hope your pregnancy is going well so far!
Love you,
Carrie

Catina said...

Thank you. The pregnancy is going well. I'm just a bit tired and my taste buds aren't always working right :)