Monday, September 9, 2024

Anxiety

Anxiety starts with being anxious and allowing it to fester.  

How do I combat it in a healthy manner?

1.  Breathe.

2.  Remember, this day shall pass.

3.  Give it to God.

That last one is the hardest to do.  Well, it's easy to do it, but it's REALLY hard to leave it in God's hands.


I always thought that it would get easier as my children got older.  They would be more responsible and be in charge of their own lives.  Now I realize that the older they get and the more responsibility they take on, the more I lack the control.  

This week has been full of anxiety.  I keep telling myself to breathe.  Then I remind myself that they will learn from whatever happens.  Finally, I give it to God.  He is amazing at taking the anxiety away.  Why can't I just leave it in His capable hands?!

No comments: