Monday, April 8, 2024

Making It Work

 As a homeschool mother of three, I have learned that my children all learn differently.  So I tweak the lessons to fit their needs and strengths.   Well, the same goes for life outside of school. 

When my children were little, I found these beach towels with a whole in the middle to fit over their heads and a hood attached.  As they grew I modified those towels to grow with them.  Then one by one they each grew to big to even fit those.  So I found a post on Pinterest of a tutorial for a hooded towel that they could also change inside of if needed.   Those were also modified as they got bigger.   Now they are so worn that I needed to make another one.   

This time I decided to design it myself.   Hmmm...  I offered to put velcro on them to make them easier to use and dry.   My son was not having it.   So I made his first testing it the whole way.   He does not like being a model.   At 6'4" it took some creativity and trial and error to make his fit.  But alas he seems pleased enough.   I think he was actually just done with trying it on at each step; he would have taken anything at that point 😆 

Then I made my daughters' and my towel.   My oldest daughter did not want a hood.  My youngest and I actually liked that design, so we each have one very similar to the each other's.   Mine was the last to be made and the fastest one put together.  I already had the design down by then.   But I really liked having something covering my arms, so I opted for an additional shall/hood.  It's its own piece, so I can wear it by itself, with the wrap or not at all.   Actually, I brought it with me to soccer practice in case I needed just a little wind covering 😀  I think it will come in quite handy. 

Find what works and make it yours or your children's ❤️ 

No comments: