Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ten Today

1.  My husband gave me an early Valentine's Day present :)  It's a Shark 2 in 1 Vac then Steam.  My steam mop broke a while ago.  I've been in dire need of a new one.  The other mop I've been using is back wrenching and doesn't do a good enough job.  I'm so excited!!!

2.  I'm due in just over a week.  Part of me wants the baby to come tomorrow afternoon and the other part wants the baby to come the following Monday afternoon.  But I really want the baby to come during February!  I recently found out that there are no February birthdays on my mom's side of the family.



3.  I found out yesterday that my grandma, my dad's mom, is not doing well :(  Today I saw a post on Facebook that makes me believe that she is now in the hospital :(  I'd really like all of my children to know their great grandma.  That means she has to stick around for at least a few more years.  We're not done having babies :)  I pray that her health returns and she doesn't have another health issue the rest of her long life.  If you've read this, please agree with me in that prayer.  Thank you.



4.  My son is growing up so fast!  He's a smart little one.  Sometimes I think he's too smart for his own good :)  He's going to be a great big helper when Beta arrives :)



5.  I love organizing and uncluttering things.  But I also HATE to get rid of things.  It's a difficult thing to be pulled in two directions.  We're doing it, slowly but surely.  Most of the house is pretty organized now, just a little bit to go :)

6.  My husband's car broke down in the middle of December.  My mom's husband has been working on it most of that time.  The transmission was shot.  He switched the transmission out and got it up and running.  He's fixing a few other issues he found.  He's been having a blast working on it.  We are so blessed!  We were going to have to pay about $1500.  The parts were significantly less than that.

7.  My son is still potty training, but I'm a lot more relaxed now than when we first started.  And he's a lot better at going potty in the potty :)  But we still have our accidents.



8.  I finished reading Supernatural Childbirth by Terri and Jackie Mize a few weeks ago.  I recommend that book to anyone who even thinks they'll want to have a child, especially those who have tried and have yet to succeed or are having miscarriages.  I think it would be a good book to read for anyone who has the possibility of being sick.

9.  I am now reading Infant Potty Training by Laurie Boucke.  I'm very excited about using this method with the rest of my children.  I know some of you who read this will think it's a crazy thing to do, but I ask that you don't make any negative comments about it.  However, those that have questions about it or encouraging words are welcome to comment :)  Thank you :)

10.  I looked on line and found information that my son should know before kindergarten.  So I am working on creating various flashcards for him and the rest of my children.  I'm not sure how much they'll be used as he already knows so much information.  But it'll be nice to have at least as a reference :)

No comments: