Saturday, October 30, 2010

Journal October

October 21


1.  My son is so smart :) He asked me for an apple tart. And he actually said both of those words. I don't know how he remembers the name of it. I haven't worked with him on saying the name. It's amazing how fast he learns.


2.  We went to the AZ State Fair yesterday. He did great the whole time we were there :) It was cute. Every time he heard music, he'd raise his arms and start dancing :)
  

3.  Joseph Jr learned a new trick in VT. He says, "Ready, Set, Go," when he or someone else is ready to drink. Then afterward he says, "Ahhh." He's too cute :)

4.  Joseph Jr and I had a fabulous time in VT. We were sad to go but happy to go home. I think that's the best way to be, loving it no matter where you are. I know we left some sad faces in VT. I hope we get to see everyone again soon. It'd be nice if we could make it out there every year. We shall see. We do miss you all!

5.  Joseph Jr slept until 5am yesterday and 6am today :) Maybe it'll be 7am tomorrow and there after :)
(No such luck on that.  It's been sporadic just like before)

6.  Our grass hasn't been greener all summer. It's amazing what a little rain will do :)

October 22

7.   Everyone is ok. We just had our first fire fighters, cops, and ambulance show at our house. I didn't know the number to poison control, so I called 911. Joseph Jr may have ingested CLR. If he did, it wasn't much. I was told to wash any parts of him that may have come in contact with the CLR and have him drink water. I did that before everyone showed up. Even before that, he was doing fine. No blistering or anything occurred :) But if I had the Poison Control number written down, I would have saved a lot of people concern and work. It is now in my phone! It's the same number everywhere in the US :)

October 23

8.  Joseph's first ride on a horse. Misty got to take him since I'm prego :)

October 24

9.  We went to the park yesterday. Joseph Jr went up to a kid that looked about 3 or 4 years old. He went to give him a hug. The boy didn't want any of that so he pushed Joseph's hands down. I figured that was an understandable reaction, so I waited. Joseph did not try to hug him again. But when the kid proceeded to push him down for no reason, I got right up went over there and calmly said to the kid, "You didn't need to push him. He wasn't doing anything to you. He just wanted to give you a hug." Then I helped Joseph to his feet and told him that the kid didn't want a hug and to stay away from him. Then about 30 min later, Joseph is playing on a tire when this boy walks up to him and shakes the tire roughly. Joseph just watched. I thought that was rude but I still stayed back until the boy reached through the tire and pushed him as hard as he could. Joseph fell backward, and I yelled at the kid not to push him as I started over to my son. As soon as I yelled, a girl went over to the boy and took him away. I figure she thought I might do something to the boy. Very sad. I got my son and decided it was time to leave. As we were leaving, there was a crowd of people walking toward us. The little boy happened to stop right in front of me. I stopped and waited patiently as the others took him around me. I wasn't so upset with what happened to my son. He was fine and acted as if nothing happened. What angered me was the lack of discipline toward the child. The child was not scolded, talked to, or anything, just protected from the mommy of the child he bullied. And we wonder how bullies get their start.

10.  I love watching my husband and son play and dance together :)

October 25

11.  My little man's first haircut :) My little man's eyes pop just like his daddy's when he has a buzzed head :) (Joseph first cut our son's hair.  But Jr has such thin hair, Joseph decided he needed to buzz it.  Jr at first was a bit afraid of the buzzer.  So Joseph put it on his arm first.  Then he calmed right down and was able to finish buzzing it.)

12.  Joseph Jr's favorite place in the house right now is in front of the stove. He loves looking at his reflection. I think he feels like there's another kid in the house :)

13.  I got my flu shot today. I am praying the same thing doesn't happen like when I was pregnant with my son. For two months I caught everyone else's sickness minus the flu. I'm a pretty healthy person, so I'm not used to being sick for more than a day or two once a year. Lord, please keep me, our family, and friends healthy these holiday seasons :)

14.  I went to my ob appointment and to my surprise was told that I'm doing well in the weight gaining area. Yeah!!! I was afraid I was gaining too much weight. I rarely drink juice now a days. Maybe that's what it is. Who knows?! I'm just glad I'm doing well :)

15.  Joseph Jr just had his 18 month check up. He is 27 lbs on the nose which puts him in the 71% range for weight. He is 34.75 in. tall which puts him in the 99% range for height.

October 18

16.  At Joseph Jr's check up the other day, the doc said that at 18 months toddlers should understand everything said to them. I would say Joseph does understand everything :) So we are starting potty training again today :) So far so good. One pee pee in the potty about 30 minutes ago and no accidents.  I think what I'll do is put him on the potty after he wakes up, eats, during a diaper change, before he takes a bath, and before naps/night night. Then at two we'll really hit it hard or just before the baby's born.

17.  When Joseph Jr was 0-3 months old, I wished he would take a pacifier but no luck :( Now I am so glad he doesn't need a pacifier. I hear it's hard to break them of that habit. But a momma's got to do what a momma's got to do. I've heard of moms clipping the ends of the pacifiers so it doesn't have the suction, throwing them away, or weaning them from it. I don't envy these parents but it's in their babies best interest. Pacifier sucking for prolonged periods of time can cause dental issues and speech impediments.

18.  I just cancelled my myspace account. I think I might check it once a year, maybe. Why keep it if I never check it? I should delete all of my email addresses but one too. Trying to clean up and make less clutter in my life. You gotta start some where :)

18b.  Just started sliding on his own. Climbed up by himself and went down without any help. My boy is growing up.

October 29

19.  My son has recently added two new words to his vocab.

The other day he was saying Grandpa and Aunt Bea. My mother than asked him if he liked Aunt Bea. He simply said, "Yes." She replied that Aunt Bea likes him. Then she asked the same about Grandpa. The response again was yes and the reply was that Grandpa likes him. Realize, his 'yes' has been verbalized with 'no'.
A couple days ago, he got mad and hit his grandma. I told him he is not allowed to hit her and had him say sorry. He has never said sorry before even if I told him to. But this time he repeated "sorry" and then proceeded to give her a hug. Then just a minute ago, he swatted at me because he did not get what he wanted. I sat him on my lap and told him he is not allowed to hit mommy. He looked at me with sincere eyes and said, "Sorry." This was the first time he did that without prompting.
My boy is growing up before my eyes. It's happening so quickly! I praise God and thank my husband for allowing me to be a stay-at-home mom. It is the most fulfilling position I could ever have. I am blessed :)


20.  Today was a CRAZY day. Ignoring that I'm 6 months pregnant and feel like I'm 8 months along, Joseph Jr woke up with a stuffy/runny nose and crying. My son doesn't usually cry unless he's hurt. So my concern was heightened especially when he began crying after 30 min into his nap. I gave him some Tylenol and he was able to sleep for about an hour. But during his nap around noon the electricity went out in the neighborhood. Everything I had planned on doing for the day was basically out the window. At 3pm we went to see a doctor. He was checked for many things, ear infection, lung congestion, strep throat (I guess it's going rampant right now), but it all turned up negative. Praise God! He just has a little stuffy/runny nose and he's not in his right state of mind. Listening to crying and wining most of the day can drive someone crazy. I thank God he did have periods of laughter and happiness. I think God made sure of that to keep me some what sane. I pray you and your family have healthy and sane holiday seasons :)

October 30

21.  Praise God! Joseph Jr woke up happy today :)

22.  As some of you know, I have been reading, To Train Up a Child, written by Michael & Debi Pearl for some time now. My first post about this book brought up a lot of controversy. Many people took the view of others or just read a snippet without reading the entire book for themselves. I stated that I couldn't give my full opinion about the book until I finished reading it. Well, that finally happened a couple days ago :) And I must say this book is a light in a dark world. As I suspected, there is no place in the book that promoted beating as many believe, actually quite the opposite. I ask that you read this book in its entirety before you make any judgments or accusations. The last few chapters hit home the most. That may be just because they are freshest in my mind, but they are powerful. If you don't agree with everything stated in the book after you are done reading it, that's ok. But I pray you take what you do agree with and use it wisely. There is a LOT of good information on raising a child. 


If you'd like to discuss any part of the book, please post a comment. I do love discussions :) Blessings to all.


23.  Ok. I finally decided I should take a pic of my belly. I'm 6 months or really close to it.

24.  Baby is kicking like crazy :) It's pretty exciting. I don't remember my son ever kicking like this. I am so blessed!

October 31

25.   I hate it when I finally get the energy and desire to clean and the thing I'm using to clean is broken. UGH!!!  

H2O Mop - loved it while it worked. Now it's broken. Not loving it so much any more :(



No comments: