Sunday, September 20, 2009

Taking Naps : )

I have tried everything to get my Bubby to sleep. The only things that seemed to work some times were breast feeding, crying himself to sleep (takes about 30 minutes and leaves me with my nerves twitching), strolling, or car ride. All those only worked some times. I kept hearing about mothers patting their child's back until they fell asleep. My Bubby screams like crazy when on his belly, so that was out. I was at my wits end Saturday, so I tried putting him on his belly. Alas he was screaming bloody murder even with me patting his back. So I flipped him back over and picked him up. I put a binky in his mouth, which he only takes once in a blue moon, and pat his back. He quieted down QUICK!!! What the... I laid him down and he awoke crying. I lightly patted his side and that calmed him and he fell asleep. I wondered if it was just a fluke since everything else I found that worked stopped working soon. It has now been two days. Every time it has worked. It even worked last night when he awoke around 1am. It took until about 2am for me to finally get him to sleep again, but patting his back calmed him right away. (When he awoke at night in the past, the only thing that calmed him was mom's milk.) It's like some one gave me a magic wand. Wow!!!! In any case, he didn't wake again until 6:30am. We'll see how tonight and the rest of the week goes. But I am hopeful :)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I remember those days! Does he like the Gripe Water? I've been praying for you. Love ya lots.

Catina said...

I haven't been using it for a while. I didn't think he needed it. He goes to bed at night fairly easily. Maybe I'll start trying it again. It's good for teething, right? Thank you for the prayers. I have been praying for you and your family as well.

Carrie said...

Gripe water is good for teething, hiccups and any sort of restlessness. It knocks Susanna OUT! I still use it from time to time but she's always been a pretty good sleeper. I read that bigger babies sleep through the night faster so maybe once JT puts on a little more weight, he'll spend more time with the Sandman. Are you supplementing any formula or is he 100% nursed?

Catina said...

I started giving him cereal for dinner topped off with breastmilk. I know he has got to have gained weight. He's so heavy. It's like he has lead in his pants or something. We go next week to find out his weight. He slept until 5:15 this morning. I'm hoping it'll keep getting later : ) I haven't been giving him anything until about 7am. So he's not hungry during the night. I'll try the Gripe water during the day. I hope it knocks him out. He only naps about 30 min at a time : ( Thanks for all your advice. Love ya.