Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Going Backwards - in need of help

Tell me that it's normal for a baby to sleep almost through the night and then to go back to waking up during the night. The last few night JT has woken up between 12 am and 3:30 am and then again around 5:30 am. This morning he wouldn't go back to sleep after waking up at 5:20 am. He won't take naps for more than 10 minutes at a time; however he has been falling asleep around 4 pm each night. I do what I can to keep him awake from 5 - 7 pm, but it's not working too well.

Naps - If he is sleeping when put to bed for a nap, he wakes up within five minutes and cries until I go in and get him and calm him down. If he is awake, he cries once put down until I get him and calm him down. He needs sleep, but I can't figure out how to get him to sleep. Any suggestions? Oh, on the off chance he does sleep for 30 minutes and then wakes up, should I get him up or wait?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think this is normal. He could be going through a growth spurt and needs to eat, or he's on the cusp of learning a new skill and he's trying it out in his sleep. I know when Susanna was getting ready to learn to turn over at around 2 1/2 to 3 months, she started waking up again. Or he might just miss his mommy! :) Hang in there, you're doing great!

Catina said...

Thanks : ) I needed to hear that. He hasn't turned over yet. I think I need to give him more tummy time. I keep forgetting that.