Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So Busy I Forgot...

I've been so busy trying to get everything ready for my substitute and then organizing my house for the baby, I forgot all about blogging. It didn't cross my mind until Betsy asked how I was doing. Oops : ) To try to catch up briefly and quickly, I am going to use the outline I see every Tuesday from Carrie.

1) I was at work until 6:30 pm Friday night trying to get everything prepared for my substitute, but alas I was unable to finish it all.

2) Saturday was a fun filled day. I got to see my family on my mom's husband's side : ) Then I went to get my haircut as my mother suggested to do before my I have my baby. I decided today or last night that I'm not fond of my hairstyle. Don't get me wrong, he did a GREAT job, just what my mother and I said to do. I just don't like it. So next time I go to him, I have other plans in mind. It's a good thing I'm not hung up on my looks : )

3) Sunday, my husband went dancing. He mentioned how he's not going to be able to go for a while after the baby's born. I briefly thought about joining him. Maybe it was more of a passing thought. Ya, that didn't happen.

4) Monday, I woke up under the weather. Go figure, my first day on maternity leave. I was able to wash dishes finally, but that took about 3 hours since I had to take a breather after every dish I washed.

5) Tuesday, I went to work to finish putting together the math centers I had yet to complete Friday. That took me about two or three times as long as it normally would, since I had to take numerous breaks to catch my breath. Once I finished those, I turned in my keys. Realize I hadn't turned in my keys in all the 10 years of working as a teacher. When I did that, it finally hit me. I was done teaching. I still have some things to do, but it feels more like volunteering rather than having a job.

6) I was able to catch up with my long time friend, Lisa, on Tuesday.

7) That afternoon, I had a doctor's appointment. I lost a couple pounds from the last time I saw my doctor. That's probably due to less swollen legs. He said I'm not open. He's hoping my cervix does something by next week. If I don't have the baby by then, we'll decide on a no later than date. I REALLY don't want to be induced, so I'll opt for the latest date. He did tell me to walk a lot and have a lot of sex. So I told Joseph that it was doctor's orders : )

8) Joseph and I went and saw "I Love You, Man" last night. I enjoyed it. I needed a comedy, although I think I laughed harder after reading Carrie's blog about a Jedi hair trick : )

9) Other than having a bowling ball in my stomach that shifts, I'm doing pretty good : )

10) The past couple days have been rough trying to organize my house. I've just been exhausted and couldn't due but a few things. I think the heat had a lot to do with that. I mentioned that to Joseph last night. He responded by reminding me of a button that control's how hot it gets in our house : ) This morning I turned "the button" until it registered about 72. I've been able to work all day : ) Well, except to take a rest here and there. My back likes to yell at me, so I'm trying to appease it : )

Alright! I think I'm caught up : )

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I know what you mean about having to take a rest after every dish! You're good to sit all the way through a movie so close to the end. After about month 7 I couldn't go to the movies anymore because I had to pee every 20 minutes. I know it must have been hard turning in your keys. It's a big decision to stay at home with the baby, but it's a rewarding one. Love ya!