Monday, February 2, 2009

Rib Pain

So my ribs were hurting in the beginning of my pregnancy. Then I had a couple months off. Now they hurt even worse! I was thinking the baby was pushing on my ribs which was really painful, so I would push back on them. That helped a bit but the next day I ended up with a bruise on my ribs. Then I started having sharp pain. That only lasted one day, thankfully. I talked to my doctor today. It turns out at the beginning of the pregnancy the belly gets bloated which can cause pain in the ribs. Now the baby is getting so big, the intestines are being pushed up under the ribs. He also told me that soon the baby will be kicking my liver and gallbladder which reside on my right side. Nothing's on my left side, so that sides safe. However, feeling the baby kick outweighs any pain : ) I love my baby so much.

No comments: