Monday, November 24, 2008

Ups and Downs

Well, today I totally broke down, but just for a few minutes. I called my husband at work after I had been dealing with a lot of uncertainties. He was concerned at my phone call and asked if something was wrong. I said, "No, I'm just frustrated." Then I told him that our bills aren't getting paid. After many tears and Joseph weeding through everything I said, he realized I was losing it over $34. He told me that he was going to lunch now and he'd take care of it then. I thanked him and told him I loved him. Then we said goodbye. It's amazing how he can calm my nerves so easily even when he's not physically with me. In any case, I realized within a couple seconds after my phone call that I was completely over reacting and nuts. It's not like me to freak out over little things even a bunch of little things. And I thought the only thing that pregnancy had on me was weight gain. Boy was I wrong : )

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I hear ya!! And it only gets worse in the 3rd trimester. I was a lunatic in my last two months. Especially going overdue. It's great that you have a husband that can calm you down!! Joseph needs to be forwarned that the mood swings have nothing to do with him, it's not personal. That helped Robin to understand that he didn't have to "get" why I was emotional, and that he didn't have to "fix" it, he just needed to be there to listen and validate me even if he didn't understand it.

Catina said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll pass that valuable information onto Joseph : )