Saturday, October 3, 2009

Confusion and Sadness

Some things that my husband regulary does or does not do started to bother me just recently. It hit a peek today. We talked. I feel much better : )

The beginning of our marriage was rough. I felt like each minute of each day that first week was a struggle. The following weeks the struggles lessoned. Soon the struggles were once a month, then every other month. The last time there was an issue was January of 08'. The conversations that helped end the struggles seemed to get easier and easier too.

Having Jesus has definitely been a key reason for our relationship to withstand those struggles especially at the beginning. However, I know it takes two to make a marriage work. I thank the Lord every day for my husband. Husbands and wives have to put each other before themselves. I truly believe when a husband and wife do that, the marriage will thrive.

It saddens me when one or both people stop placing the other above themselves. Everyone suffers, especially the children. My heart goes out to the children and those who are doing everything they can to keep their marriage together while the other just quits.

I realize my marriage is a decision away from failing or surviving just as all of ours are. My prayers go out to all of you who are fighting for your marriage. I pray the decision falls on the survival side.

God is good.

2 comments:

Jamie Willow said...

I needed to read this today. Thank you.

Carrie said...

God IS good.